Highlighted

How do I find in store inventory visibility on REI.com?

I was told that I can check store inventory on an item online.  How do you do that?

I am reasonably techie, and have looked all over both your website and Google, and can not find anything.  Can you send me the url or give me the steps to find this?

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: In Store Inventory

Hello @frugalbiker 

You are correct that under normal circumstances, customers have visibility to whether certain items are available in our retail stores. However this feature is currently turned off due to all locations being closed as we navigate the rapidly changing COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) situation.

We are filling orders and would love to help get you the items you are in search of. Please feel free to ask us any questions you have or contact our call center at 1-800-426-4840.

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Would be nice to get this feature back at some point :)...I just spent 30 minutes looking for it to check on a specific item before I bought on Amazon because I need it ASAP.

0 Likes
Highlighted

@KingZee 

Thanks for the feedback! We'll make sure to pass it along. What item was it you were looking for?

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @KingZee .  I'm not an REI employee, but I frequently check my local store inventory before driving over there.  There are 2 ways of doing this that I am aware of.  

First, if you are searching for a variety of products, say, Tents.  You can use the drop down menu (Camp/Hike), then from the drop-down select "Tents", or, type Tents into the search bar.  At that point, a selection of tents will display and at the top of the left column, your first filter selection is "Find In Store", and you can change your store of choice. Select that filter and only tents in that store inventory will display.

The second method is that once you have chosen a specific product, on the right side, just below the main product photo, there are 2 radio buttons; Ship to address and Pick up at store.  Select the Pick up at store, then click Find a store near you, enter your zip code, and Voila! Currently, the items in-stock display "Buy online and pick up in store", with the disclaimer it may take 2 days to process the order.  If not in stock, it will display "Buy online and we'll ship it to the store".

And, if all else fails, you can always call on the phone to double check.

Hope you find the gear you're looking for! 

Featured