Highlighted

Hiking Boot Recommendation for Hiking in Norway

I am looking for waterproof hiking boots and socks for a week of hiking in June in Norway.  I am a pronator, and have custom orthotics I will be inserting, bilateral bunions and mortons toe.  So I am looking for roomy toebox and cushion as well as stability.  Which boots do you suggest I try?  The closest REI location to me is 3 hours a away so not easy to get the custom fitting appointment.  Thanks 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: hiking boots

@Verlynn Thanks for reaching out!

We understand that it can be challenging if you don't live near an REI store, however the only way to truly get the right fit for you is to look at your foot in person and try on different pairs of boots. If it is challenging to schedule an appointment with our outfitting scheduler, feel free to call your local REI store and ask about setting up an appointment at a time that works for you.

That being said, some boot brands worth checking out that may give you the room in the toe box you are looking for are Altra, Hoka One One, and Merrell. Those should give you some options to get started.

Hope this helps!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: hiking boots

I realize I am giving advice while unaware of any of the specifics of your three hour journey to the nearest Rei, but properly fitting boots are so critical to even a short outdoor activity, that I would urge you to make the appointment and the trip, which should result in properly fitting, comfortable boots that will sere you well for a long time. As I see it, three items are critical to a good outdoors experience - Boots, Backpack, and sleeping Bag - the three B's.....Much of the rest can be improvised/cobbled together, etc...

0 Likes