Highlighted

Re: Free Return Shipping

I shop at park Potomac in Rockville ,Maryland 

0 Likes
Highlighted

@Cat2 thanks for the response! We anticipate having several MD area stores open next week and the week after. We'll loop back here in the community to confirm when Rockville has opened, and you can always check the local store page for current hours of operation and services. We really do apologize for the delay in having you be able to return your items in-store.

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

@Cat2 in case you hadn't seen, our Columbia and Timonium REI stores have reopened for in-store shopping and returns. It looks like Rockville has another week or so before they are ready to reopen; we'll try to loop back again with that info when we have it!

0 Likes
Highlighted

@Cat2 in case you hadn't seen, our Rockville REI store has reopened for in-store shopping and returns! When you come in, you'll notice we are running our stores a bit differently and you can read about some of the changes you can expect in our FAQs, including queues outside and required face coverings.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Store opened !!!Thank you so much I had no idea

Highlighted

So basically if you don't live in a state where there's an REI store like I do) you're gambling when placing an order? $8.95 is way too much to have to pay for a return, which makes me sad because I'd really love to order a jacket, but it has mixed reviews and I'm just not sure it's worth the risk of spending nearly $10 out of pocket to send it back if it's not a good fit. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

@cathyh Thanks for reaching out with your question!

You care correct: if you do not live near an REI store and your only option for a return is to mail it in, you are running the risk of having to pay the shipping to return it if it is not a good fit. One option could be to ask the community here if anyone has experience with the fit of that particular jacket to see if you could get some more insight before committing to a purchase. We recently had a customer from Ecuador ask a similar question in a post, Can someone help me with the fit of the Salomon X Ultra hiking shoes?, because they ordered the wrong size and want to make sure they have the correct shoe before ordering again. We are hoping they get the assistance they need when making their buying decision.

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted

@REI-JohnJ  That's a disappointing answer, but thanks. I'd say seeing mixed reviews is similar to "asking the community", but maybe you view that differently. Either way, it sadly sounds like REI isn't the company for me. 

0 Likes
Featured