Highlighted

Re: Eric Artz: Reopening Our Stores

Thank you. Any idea when the Minneapolis (Bloomington, MN) Flagship will reopen for curbside pickup since the local unrest? Hope all staff stayed safe throughout the trying time. Looking forward to escaping it all, but need a few things from REI 🙂

0 Likes
Highlighted

@keen thanks for reaching out about our Bloomington store, and for the well wishes. All REI stores are currently closed through Wednesday, June 3. We will assess local conditions at that time and provide an update on local store pages for hours and service offerings.  We are still processing online orders, if you wanted to instead have your items shipped directly to you!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Why the sudden change in plans?  My local REI was open for a few hours yesterday then closed early.  Now all REI stores are closed for the next two days.  Just wondering what the reasoning is for the extended two-day closure.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted

@CO_MTBer thanks for reaching out. Due to rapidly changing conditions around the country, all REI stores are currently closed through Wednesday, June 3. As people around the world continue to stand up and speak out against systemic racism and violence against the Black community, we are reminded that property can be replaced, but people can't. Read our statement here.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I hope I'm not coming off as especially insensitive, but does this actually mean anything? This is such vague language, what exactly are the concerns? What are the rapidly changing conditions in precise language?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Civil unrest nationwide.  At least one REI store has been vandalized and looted (Santa Monica, CA).  Not a good time for retail establishments

0 Likes
Highlighted

So why are they so hesitant from saying that directly? Regardless, the store I'm nearest to is 1.5k miles away from Santa Monica. That seems like a very broad response to a relatively localized issue. The retail establishments in this area are not at risk for collateral damage to the same degree. I suppose they're closing in order to run risk assessment on a case by case basis? I just question the lack of transparency over what exactly is going on.

0 Likes
Highlighted

@PlanoConvexEarth thanks for following up. As we continue to prioritize employee and customer safety, we chose to close our stores June 2-3 due to unpredictable conditions all around the country near many of our stores. While not every specific location was directly at risk, there were other factors, like changing curfews, under consideration. We apologize if our original answer created any confusion, and also for any inconvenience this closure may have caused. As we begin to reopen stores, we are encouraging customers to check their local REI store pages.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Local store pages now don't have the COVID or the local unrest banners, yet it is still marked Temporarily Closed. Is there any more info than the generic copy & paste answer? Would love to know when to be able to expect to do curbside pickup. Thank you. Some of the frustration in this thread I don't think is directed at the fact that the stores are closed—I think it's more that there's zero information and timeline that we can look at and be able to plan around.

0 Likes
Highlighted

@keen thanks for your follow-up question and explanation behind your frustration. Because there has been so much variability across the country, we have chosen to not share specific timelines about future services/openings at any given location; we are sorry for this inconvenience. We are using our local store pages as the best place for customers to check what services are currently available at any given location. With all of that said, we do anticipate that our Minneapolis area stores will have curbside pickup available again beginning tomorrow (6/5), adding the caveat that there is always a possibility that this could change at the last minute. If you decide to visit one of these stores tomorrow, we would encourage a quick check of the local store page to ensure nothing has shifted. We hope this helps.

Featured