Re: Eric Artz: Reopening Our Stores

Amazing! Thank you for the follow up!

Highlighted

when can we return/ exchange items at a store? even curbside helps

0 Likes
Highlighted

@Steven970 thanks for checking back in. At this time, we are not yet able to accept returns either curbside or in-store. We will certainly provide an update here in the community as soon as this  becomes available. Returns can still be processed through the mail and you can always reach out to our Customer Support team (1-800-426-4840) to discuss your individual situation. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

@REI-JenKI would appreciate this because there is no way to not loose money in an REI return/ exchange without going to a store.

Highlighted

Eric Artz makes it sound like he is doing all the customers a big favor by opening for curbside pick up of orders in time for the REI anniv. sale. Just in time for REI to generate revenue! BUT....if you want to return an item there is no curbside return process. Returns must be by mail at a cost of $8.95 TO THE CUSTOMER! Or you can wait until a store opens, but no indication of when that will happen. Sounds like a win/win for REI.

Highlighted

The longer they wait the more returns are going to pile up and more people will order online and wait until stores open to make returns. I anticipate all REI stores getting slammed with lines around the building of people wanting to make returns the first week they open. The stores are going to go into the negative when they start seeing more items coming back than going out. Hopefully REI offers huge sales opening week, then maybe they will recover some revenue from all those returns.

Highlighted

Seriously, I was a big fan of REI tell I saw how poorly they are handling this situation, but now I am wondering if I will ever shop here again. you are right they act like they have our best interest a heart and how they are working hard to get curbside open for their big sale, like they are doing it for us and not so they can get more money in. I hope the wave of returns when they open puts them under. 

Highlighted

Do you happen to know when the stores in Massachusetts will be opening for curbside pickup? I know the Gov. Baker has allowed all retail business to open for curbside pickup starting yesterday, May 25th. My wife and I wanted to order and pickup two new bikes and were disappointed not to get the sale price that expired yesterday -- we were looking to order online and pickup at the local store whenever they offered curbside pickup.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi there @Digger_Dave!

Thanks for reaching out to us in the Community! 

Unfortunately, we do not have any information to share right now on our Massachusetts stores opening for curbside. However, keep an eye out on our curbside pickup page as things change quickly! There, as well as your local store page are the best places to find updates!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

@Digger_Dave in case you hadn't yet seen, today we added curbside pickup as an option in our Reading, Framingham, and Hingham REI stores. Hope this helps with the bikes!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Featured