Highlighted

Re: Eric Artz: Reopening Our Stores

@LeeM Thanks for reaching out!

Although we can't share specifics, in case of last minute changes, we do plan to add curbside pickup to additional REI stores around the country later this week, so you may want to stay tuned for locations that may be added near you!

Thanks!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

@LeeM in case you hadn't seen, we are now offering curbside pickup in our St. Louis store! Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Highlighted

With most of Utah moving from a moderate risk level to a low risk level is there any estimate when stores will open for returns? Curbside service and bike repairs are available but in store returns can’t be made. I received a bike with what appears bent forks I need to return. I bought another bike locally to replace it as I didn’t feel like waiting several more weeks for a replacement. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi there @Rognperly 

Sorry to hear that you received a bike that was not in rideable condition for you. 

Unfortunately, we do not have a timeline we can share on when stores will begin accepting returns. We encourage you to continue checking your local store page for details and updates. 

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

How about to drop off a return?  

0 Likes
Highlighted

@denmanwl Thanks for reaching out!

At this time, we are not able to accept returns at our stores that are offering curbside pickup. Your best bet is to wait until your store opens fully and can process your return. Otherwise you can mail your return back to us following the instructions hereWe encourage you to continue checking your local store page for details and updates.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Local store pages have not been updated and continue to not be updated. Contrary to REI employees default response of:

"Your best resources for updates will be our curbside pickup and local store pages. As things are shifting really quickly for us, we'd encourage you to check back often for updates!"

Well, I have been checking back for over a week and not a single update has been made on any local store pages. It seems since no updates are being given the only way to find out anything is to keep asking and keep the pressure on REI.

Is there any more info on store openings and when in store or curbside returns will be accepted?

0 Likes

I know we will all be happier when stores are open and we can get back to ways that approach normal.  I am sure that opening all the REI stores is a complex procedure, given the many jurisdictions involved.

Patience!!

A worthwhile alternative is to order for home delivery.  This was absolutely super when there was no minimum, but it is really easy to meet the $50 minimum these days.  I urge you to try that alternative until the time when the stores will open.

Now, back to preparing my $50 + order....

0 Likes
Highlighted

@hikermor thank you, and you're right! We are eager to rejoin our customers in getting outside with great outdoor gear while continuing to prioritize employee and customer health and safety; and, yes, it's pretty complex!

@dylan3492 at this time, while we do expect to add curbside pickup to additional stores later this week, we do not yet have any additional information to share on store openings or curbside returns. As always, we will provide updates to these services on the local store pages and the FAQs here in the community as soon as we have them.

0 Likes
Highlighted

New Jersey is now allowing all stores to do curbside. Just curious when New Jersey REI stores will be opening for curbside pickup. Thanks

0 Likes
Featured