Highlighted

Re: Eric Artz: Reopening Our Stores

@jimrskis Thanks for the feedback.

As we look to ramp up our store operations, the health and safety of our employees and customers is our number one priority. With a growing number of cities and states opening for limited outdoor activity, we will be there to help our community prepare for a return to the outdoors. As we move to expand our services, we will base our progress on four very important factors:  

1. Our ability to establish a set of detailed health and safety protocols
  2. Local community readiness
  3. Federal, state and local guidelines and restrictions
  4. Facility and team operational readiness

We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us. We look forward to the time we can all, safely, get back out on the trails!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted
0 Likes
Highlighted

The competition in several states is already open and operating safely for in store shopping, including here in CO.  Curbside pickup doesn't count- that means the REI stores are still shut down. 

REI employees and members thrive on challenges in all areas of life- not just in the outdoors!  No one is going to force people to come in the stores.  We all know how to protect ourselves and make our own decisions in life.  This is what a free market is all about.  Enough is enough of the unconstitutional government dictates and fear mongering!!!  I am proud to be a REI member, and would like to see one of my favorite companies moving faster in standing up to these unlawful dictates!  For both its' employees and its' customers.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I purchased a REI traverse 35 backpack and am new to this.  When will be able to have someone help me with the adjustments and make sure I have the correct size?

Highlighted

@Butch while the majority of our stores remain closed to foot traffic, we would highly recommend setting up a free virtual outfitting appointment with one of our employees. We have received very positive feedback about this service as our employees are able to ask lots of questions, help you measure and assess, and ultimately make recommendations about product choice and fit. If this is not of interest, getting fit in your pack will have to wait until your local REI store reopens fully. Finally, at the bottom of this Expert Advice article on how to choose a daypack, you'll find a section specifically on how the pack should fit. Hope this helps!

0 Likes

@Butch With a Traverse 35, you have a winner.  I purchased one recently, the most recent of quite a few I have owned, and it is definitely a winner.  I recommend the fitting appointment to insure the greatest satisfaction.

Highlighted

Any word on when the Pittsburgh, PA stores may either open or offer curbside pickup?

0 Likes
Highlighted

@ValpoMan unfortunately, we do not have any specific updates that we can share about curbside pickup and reopening plans for our Pittsburgh area REI stores. As you may have seen in earlier responses in the community, as we move to expand our services, we will base our progress on four very important factors:  

1. Our ability to establish a set of detailed health and safety protocols
  2. Local community readiness
  3. Federal, state and local guidelines and restrictions
  4. Facility and team operational readiness

We apologize for not having more details on Pittsburgh specifically - let us know if we can help answer any questions here in the community that may help with product selection, fit, etc.

0 Likes
Highlighted

@ValpoMan in case you hadn't yet seen, we added curbside pickup as an option at our 2 Pittsburgh area REI stores!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Is there any update on the St. Louis store opening? I know a lot of other local stores and malls are opening up or have opened already, hoping REI will follow suit soon! 

0 Likes
Featured