Highlighted

employment, what is it like to be an REI employee?

Highlighted

Re: employment, what is it like to be an REI employee?

What is it like?  It’s pretty awesome.  My personal passions for hiking and camping with my family come to life in my ability to inspire and outfit others for their outdoor adventures.  I work with a great team, and there has been a ton of opportunity to develop and grow my career with REI over the years.  It’s never boring, that’s for sure!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
Highlighted

Thanks for reaching out, what a fun question!

This is my 14th year with the co-op and there are so many ways to describe what it's like to work for REI. The first thing that pops in my head is the pride I have in the work that I do, the company I work for, and the people I get to work with every day. REI truly believes that a life outdoors is a life well lived and that shines through in all we are asked to do as employees. From leading the way in sustainability and stewardship to awesome employee and member benefits, working for REI is something I feel good about every single day. It is great to work at a place where the most common response people give when you tell them where you work is 'Oh! I love REI!'

There are so many other ways to describe the work that we do; dynamic, fast-paced, challenging, and interesting all come to mind. I once had the incredible privilege to meet our founder, Mary Anderson, many years ago. As we chatted, she took the time to ask every employee she met if it was ‘still fun to work at REI’? At the end of the day that about sums it up. As an employee, our customers and coworkers make it really, really fun to come to work every day!

Thanks for the question!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
Highlighted

@Treetopflyer02 are you thinking about working at REI? You might check out Forbes' 100 Best Companies- REI has been on the list for years running, which is a good indicator of the work environment at the co-op. My answer will be similar to the others you've heard - I am inspired by our mission; I appreciate our commitment to our customers, our employees and the outdoors; I've appreciated the opportunity for ongoing career growth; I've had a high level of autonomy and variety in my work; and I've been incredibly fortunate to have met so many inspiring outdoorsy people who have helped me expand my own outdoorsy-ness!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
Featured