Highlighted

Do i hafta ask the question again since i wasn’t logged in the first time?

the subject is my wuestion

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Do i hafta ask the question again since i wasn’t logged in the first time?

question 

0 Likes
Highlighted

@ubbright yes, our community does require every person to be registered and logged in to actively participate. Apologies your question wasn't captured the first time - hopefully you have a moment to resubmit!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

His point is that the Reply button appears and is active even when you're not logged in. You can then compose a post, possibly a lengthy one. But when you click Reply again to post your message the system sees that you're not logged in, takes you to the login page--and loses everything you just typed!

Needless to say--but I will anyway--this is extremely frustrating and totally unnecessary in the design of a system like Khoros. 

The Khoros system needs to be changed to either (1) not show Reply buttons at all unless you're logged in or to (2) save what you typed so that you can actually submit it without having to retype it once you've logged in. It's possible (1) can be affected by changing some configuration setting. Talk to your IT people responsible for this forum.

...Wanderer
Highlighted

@Wanderer Thanks for the feedback!

This is something that we're actively working on. We appreciate our community members raising these concerns as we know they are frustrating. Thank you for your patience as we work to get it fixed!

Have a great day!

John

Highlighted

Thanks for the encouraging response, JohnJ.

One thing that exacerbates this issue is that logged-in users get logged out by the system automatically after some period of idleness. When they come back and see a new thread like this one they may not even realize they've been logged off. After all the obvious cues like Reply button works and they can type a response would lead them to think they're still logged in. Perhaps the timeout period could be lengthened until a better solution can be implemented.

For context I've been using a predecessor system of Khoros (Lithium) for many years. That system has none of these "features." Perhaps REI can hold some fire over Khoros' feet to get them to restore the functionality they seem to have lost in the transition to Lithium 😉

...Wanderer
0 Likes
Highlighted

I've had this happen to me nearly every time I've responded to a post. So frustrating!

But it's been a good incentive to keep my answers short. I'm never sure if they'll take the first time. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

@sara and @Wanderer thanks for sharing this feedback - we knew the glitch existed, but didn't necessarily realize the frequency/frustration, so the ongoing feedback is really valuable! We have shared both of your comments with our IT partners and as John mentioned, our teams are close to having a fix implemented, so hopefully this will not be a frustration in the near future.

Highlighted

@REI-JenK wrote:

We have shared both of your comments with our IT partners and as John mentioned, our teams are close to having a fix implemented, so hopefully this will not be a frustration in the near future.

Thanks for following up on this.

One more suggestion re this issue: The Lithium-based forum I'm most familiar with has a feature that auto-saves a reply as the contributor types it. I assume that's something that can be enabled by the forum administrator. Is there something similar in Khoros?

...Wanderer
0 Likes

@Wanderer you're super familiar with these systems! Lithium actually rebranded as Khoros just under a year ago, so our platform is technically Lithium! The loss of the post is actually related to our integration with single sign-on, which not all communities use, so the solve is a bit more complex. That said, it sounds like we're nearly there on the fix!

Featured