Highlighted

Cross country men's ski boots

My husband's old Salamon ski boots fell apart. The bottom of his boots has a bar at the bottom of the toe and a wide groove just off the center of the boot toward the outside which runs the length of the boot. I don't know what the binding for this boot is called. Do you have any models that would work with his old Fischer skis? 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Cross country men's ski boots

@valma sorry to hear that your husband's ski boots fell apart...would it be possible for you to include an image here of the skis, specifically the bindings, and maybe the boots as well? It's likely we have new boots that would work with his Fischer skis, however, this additional information would help us provide a much more informed suggestion for replacement. In the meantime, here is an article on cross-country ski gear that might help point you in a good direction as well.

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Cross country men's ski boots

@valma 

Thanks for sending the pics along (in email)! They're definitely a good starting point. The bindings on your husband's skis are Rottefella NNN (New Nordic Norm) bindings. There are two types of NNN bindings, regular NNN and NNN BC (Backcountry) which are a bit wider and a more robust binding. Unfortunately, I cannot tell from your photos if the boots/bindings are NNN BC (Backcountry) or not. If they are, they would require purchasing a Nordic Backcountry boot such as these. Often times BC nordic boots will have 'BC' written on them somewhere for reference.

If they are not, then the only issue would be if the current models of NNN boots were compatible with the bindings on your husband's skis. There have been a couple versions of the NNN binding and the first version is not compatible with current boots. Unfortunately, the only way to tell that is by trying the boot out on the binding. If you're not in a place where you can get into an REI location to try out a boot on the binding, we may be able to find a solution by taking some measurements. If you can measure the width of the groove on the binding at its widest point (right behind the toe bar) and its narrowest (under the heel of the boot) I can compare it with a current NNN binding and we can try to make a determination based on that.

I hope this helps, hopefully we can get your husband some new boots and back out skiing soon!

John 

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Featured