concussion while hiking

I fell last week while hiking and landed on my face. I have a bad concussion and a badly damaged eye, as a result. I would really like to prevent this from happening again. I've already had a couple of concussions (not hiking related) and I know they tend to get worse the more you have. Is there some sort of helmet that you would recommend to protect my head in case of another fall.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: concussion while hiking

@lujumo we are so sorry to hear about your fall while hiking. Unfortunately, because of the medical nature of your question, and the fact that we, as REI employees, are not medical experts, we cannot recommend any specific type of helmet for protection against future falls. It would be advisable for you to first consult your doctor about what type of helmet they would recommend in this situation. Sorry we can't be of more assistance.

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: concussion while hiking

@lujumo we are so sorry to hear about your fall while hiking. Unfortunately, because of the medical nature of your question, and the fact that we, as REI employees, are not medical experts, we cannot recommend any specific type of helmet for protection against future falls. It would be advisable for you to first consult your doctor about what type of helmet they would recommend in this situation. Sorry we can't be of more assistance.

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Featured