Highlighted

Can we do better on packaging?

20200412_115955.jpg

Hi. We've been fans of REI for a long time. Receiving this box in the mail was embarrassing. We even got one of those cards from the letter carrier that says: "A package too large for your mailbox was attempted for delivery."  So..here's a single chain link that we bought for my son. It's metal. It clearly needs neither a box of this size nor the packaging. Was this a joke or is this really the best idea someone had about use of resources? I'm happy to have the link and to have the bike up and running..but something's wrong with this process. Still a fan.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Can we do better on packaging?

....or maybe that's just what was available for packing materials in this situation?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey there @whitefield207 !  Thank you for sharing this feedback with the Community.  While it is a possibility that this was the only packing solution available at the time, it is important that we continue to look at the most practical and resourceful ways of shipping product.

Thrilled to hear you are such a fan and that you got your product.  Thank you again for the feedback, as it is helpful in making improvements where we can!

Hope your son is enjoying time on his bike!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

@whitefield207  I should just mention as well that this type of feedback will always be passed on to our sustainability team! 

Thanks again!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
Featured