Highlighted

Camelbak

Hi, I'm a big fan of Camelbak products and have bought quite a few from REI.  I was in the market for a new reservoir recently and found that REI apparently no longer carries Camelbak.  Why is this?  My experience has been that they are very good products and they do honor their guarantee.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Camelbak

REI "opted ou"of being a Camelbak retailer BECAUSE that product is part of a larger company that owns a firearms company which makes AR 15 type rifles. 

IMHO thai was purely a "PC" move in REI's part and as a longtime member I oppose such product boycotting due to "guilt by association".

I BUY MY CAMELBACK PRODUCTS AT SPORTSMAN'S WAREHOUSE.

0 Likes
Highlighted

@Luv2Kayak  If you need a replacement resevoir, there are a number of options in stock that should fit your Camelbak available online and in our stores. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

I buy Camelbak because I like the design and they hold up well.  I will shop elsewhere for Camelbak.

0 Likes
Highlighted

REI "opted ou"of being a Camelbak retailer BECAUSE that product is part of a larger company that owns a firearms company which makes AR 15 type rifles. 

IMHO thai was purely a "PC" move in REI's part and as a longtime member I oppose such product boycotting due to "guilt by association".

I BUY MY CAMELBACK PRODUCTS AT SPORTSMAN'S WAREHOUSE.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Just get an Osprey bladder, they're great.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/03/02/gun-boycott-rei-mountain-equipment-co-...

REI’s announcement came just hours after thousands of its co-op members signed an online petition urging REI to cut ties with Vista Outdoor over Vista’s gun-manufacturing business and support for the NRA. The company joins others that have taken a stand against military-style weapons and the NRA lobby by discontinuing sales, making it harder to buy weapons or, as in this case, cutting ties in the wake of the Florida school shooting last month that left 17 teenagers and educators dead.

0 Likes
Featured