Highlighted

Caddis Tents

Hi i am looking for an easy to put together and take apart sun shelter, for 2 people do you have a suggestions

Highlighted

Re: Caddis Tents

@agrodin33 Thanks for the question!

Fortunately, there are a lot of options out there for shelters from the sun! Which one is the best fit for your needs is going to depend on many factors including, but not limited to: are bugs a concern? do you want a floor in your shelter? does size/bulk matter? does weight matter? is this for the beach? what kind of anchors are you looking to use? Etc.

I have used both shelters (like a Caddis Tent) and tarps with poles as shelter and both have pros and cons to their respective systems. Tarps and poles are typically lighter weight and provide more versatility in how you set them up but can be complicated and require a lot of staking and tensioning of the lines. A pop-up tent like a Caddis is simple and easy to set up but can't really be adjusted or adapted to multiple needs. Here is a link to a lot of options, I recommend reading through the reviews to see if another user has had success in similar fashion to your intended use.

I hope this helps, thanks for the question!

John

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Caddis Tents

Howdy!

Hope all is well!  Below is the link to the Caddis Rapid Sun Shade that is super easy to set up and weighs less than 6lbs.  When you follow the link, you will find a video explaining the set up.  I hope this helps! 

https://www.rei.com/product/142164/caddis-rapid-sun-shade

Take care and have fun out there! 🙂

SeleneB

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Featured