Highlighted

best shoe for winter conditions

I'll try this again, apologize if duplicate posts.  I'm looking for a shoe that will provide stability and traction for 70/30 speedwalk/run activity during the winter when there can be snow, slush, ice or wet conditions.   Primarily hard surface trails, sidewalk, or street.   Currently wearing Brooks Addiction.   Saw a post in runners world promoting Brooks Cascadia but reviews are troublesome.  Can you recommend a shoe that might stand up to winter in Michigan?

Highlighted

Re: best shoe for winter conditions

Hi @fg85!

I personally wear Brooks Cascadia myself and love them.  New this season Brooks came out with the Cascadia 14 GTX, which is waterproof, and will stand up to that snow and slush, assuming it doesn't go over the top of your shoe.

You may also want to check out the Saucony Peregrin 8 Ice+, which have the Vibram Arctic Grip outsole designed to better tackle the slippery conditions winter brings.

As with all shoes you'll have to try them out and see what works best for your foot and for those challenging winter conditions, but hope this helps.

Happy Trails!

Heather K.

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Featured