Highlighted

Availability of kayaks from Advanced Elements

I would like to buy a kayak that is not shown as a REI sku on the REI website.  Can I special order an Advanced Elements Sport kayak and if so what would the lead time be.  They are in stock if I purchased direct from the manufacturer

I'm looking for an AE "Sport" inflatable kayak

Steve

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Availability of kayaks from Advanced Elements

@chapmansk Thanks for reaching out!

Advanced Elements is one of our approved vendors for special orders. The special order process is only able to be fulfilled in store, however, so you will need to wait until your Local REI store is open for business. We do not have a schedule available at this time of when stores will be opening as it is a very dynamic situation. Your best bet is to check back on your local store page to stay up to date on developments.

In terms of 'lead time' for a special order, it is dependent on the vendor, as all order processing goes through them. Once the special order is placed, Advanced Elements handles fulfillment, and that timing can vary.

Hopefully this helps!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

REI is missing the boat here, so to speak.   For those of us in the vulnerable age group especially, requiring we special order in-store is not the optimal process during this time of Covid.

Why isn't REI customer service set up to process special orders on line or over the phone with credit cards as well as having the option to have the product delivered to our homes?  We've been members for 50 plus years and have always relied on REI to provide quality services.  In this case, you are letting us down.  

0 Likes
Highlighted

@mr_trips Thank you for reaching out!

We appreciate your feedback (and your wordplay!) on our special order process. This is a good reminder of one of the many ways we can serve our customers better. Special orders are a complex process that involves many different ordering systems of the vendors REI has the privilege of working with. That being said, we appreciate hearing about different ways of thinking about serving our customers. We will be passing along your feedback to the appropriate teams for consideration. Thank you for taking the time to help us do better!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Featured