Highlighted

Arete asl tent. Is It available in a 3 person model. Or 4 person?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Arete asl tent. Is It available in a 3 person model. Or 4 person?

@Hippy currently, the REI Arete ASL tent is only available in the 2-person model, and unfortunately, after doing a little sleuthing, it does not look like we'll have that model in a 3 or 4 person this year. Let us know if we can help you pick a different 3-4 season 3-4 person tent - happy to help!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

@Hippy Thanks for the question!

I've owned and used the Arete 2 and it's a great tent. I remember when the Arete and the Cirque came out and how the idea of a lightweight, all-season tent was so revolutionary. It surprises me that more tent makers haven't picked up on this category! Unfortunately, that means that there really aren't a lot of options here. A couple of choices in your price range that are four season tents would be the Black Diamond Firstlight 3P Tent and The North Face Alpine Guide 3 Tent. Both of those are designed with the alpinist in mind, so you should have no trouble getting them on a small tent pad. Another option, that REI does not currently carry, is the Big Agnes Copper Spur HV3 Expedition Tent. It's a little above your price range but looks like the closest thing to what you're looking for.

Thanks for being a member and good luck with your adventures!

John

0 Likes
Highlighted

@Hippy 

Additionally, if you're interested in the Big Agnes Copper Spur HV3, we may be able to order it for you; to do this, you'll need to contact your local REI store to inquire about placing a 'special order'. This is a process where we order the item directly from the manufacturer for you, assuming it's available.

Please note there are some restrictions on vendors/items we are able to special order from, however when successful, it can be a great way to get an item that is not widely available.

Hope this helps!

John

0 Likes
Featured