Highlighted

Advice on the ENO SkyLite Hammock

Hi!  I'm looking for a hammock with a bug net.  The ENO SkyLite with bug net caught my eye.  Do you have a picture of it broken down and stored in its pouch?  It is as compact as other ENO hammocks?

Thank you!

CLS

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: ENO SkyLite Hammock

@CLS, thank you for your questions. The SkyLite hammock is very cool. I had the opportunity to see one when a vendor brought it to our store. Unfortunately, I don’t have a picture of it packed up. I can tell you that it’s not as small as other ENO hammocks because of the poles but it’s still lightweight and compact at just 2 lbs. The packed dimensions are listed under the specs on our website and also on ENO’s site showing that it’s about  4.5” x 15”. I hope this helps. Happy Adventuring! 

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

@REI-MichelleW 

Thank you for your response!  Would you recommend the ENO SkyLite or the ENO JungleNest? I keep going back and forth.

Thanks again,

CLS

0 Likes
Highlighted

@CLS , you’re welcome! They are both great hammock systems and the final decision will come down to personal preference. The SkyLite will have a more open feel to it than the JungleNest, creating versatility in sleeping positions and a more unobstructed view of the sky. I’d compare it to almost a single tent feel instead of a hammock feel although it’s not firm, just flatter and more taught. The JungleNest is lighter at just 1lb, 4 oz and compresses down a little smaller at 5” x 10”. The weight limit is slightly higher at 300 lbs. (250 lbs. for the SkyLite) and the bug net is also completely removable if that is something that interests you. It looks like the JungleNest is currently on back order but you could still order it if you have flexibility to wait for it to arrive. The good folks in our call center will be able to give you a better idea of product availability and shipping timeline.  

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Featured