Highlighted

Advice for a bike rack to use on a cross-country move that allows trunk access and is secure

Good morning! Moving cross country and in the market to get a bike rack for my vehicle. My biggest concern with a hitch is not being able to access the trunk of the car. Also concerned about theft for both options. Anything specific you would suggest for a 9-day roadtrip?

Thanks!

0 Likes

Re: Bike rack for car

@arrogers02 , thanks for reaching out. Many hitch racks now swing away from the vehicle to allow access to trunk of the vehicle. There are many factors to consider when choosing a hitch rack including the size of the hitch on your vehicle and how many bikes you will need to carry on the rack. The Yakima FullSwing may be a good option as it swings away from the trunk and also has a lock core to keep it attached to your vehicle. Another hitch bike rack that can move out of the way of your trunk is a style like the Thule T2 Pro XT Hitch Rack. I'd recommend visiting REI.com, searching "hitch racks", and then using the Yakima and Thule Fit Guides to narrow down the racks based on your preferences. If you have additional questions, please let us know or call/visit your local store. Happy road-tripping!  

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes