cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
COVID-19 UPDATE. REI stores are temporarily closed. Learn more about orders or returns. Free U.S. standard shipping during this time. Details
Highlighted

Able to send/pick up ship to store?

Hey REI

I bought a smart trainer a while ago and it was a great deal and I thought I was being proactive getting it before this thing came down in case. I was only allowed to ship to store at the time and you are currently out of this trainer as it was a closeout. By the time the trainer reached the store, the stores were closed.

I would love to hear any or all ideas on how I could get this trainer because I'm assuming it is stuck at the store. I would've paid for home delivery as an option but it wasn't available at the time. 

I also have seen people getting service bikes back to people, and am wondering if they are doing the same for people's ship to store items lost in limbo. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Able to send/pick up ship to store?

@BrianBike thanks for reaching out with this question. Because your question is about a specific order, we would recommend connecting with our Customer Support team at 1-800-426-4840; they will be able to access your order information and work to problem solve with you while our stores remain closed.

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

I guess I should be more specific then. There is a large group of people who took advantage of the tacx neo 2 closeout 2 weeks ago that are left in limbo right now. I would love to be able to say REI has some sort of resolution in mind to get them the trainers they bought with the current pandemic in mind. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

@BrianBike thanks for the additional clarity!

Because the details of each customer's order are unique (including order date and distance between our distribution centers and specific stores), it is really difficult to provide a blanket statement about the status of this particular item. Early last week, in the 2 days after our store closure announcement, our local stores were able to facilitate order pick-ups for many people with orders that had already arrived in our stores. Unfortunately, for those orders that were still in shipping and had not yet arrived, we were not able to make these connections. And at this time, for the safety and health of our employees and our customers, we are not able to facilitate in-person interactions. In the meantime, we are working on multiple solutions to try connect our customers with their orders; these solutions do take time and we appreciate everyone's patience while we quickly evolve our business operations in these unprecedented times.

With that said, we really do encourage any customer affected by an order that is in limbo to connect with our Customer Support team. They are very well equipped to handle each individual's specific situation and work to find resolution.

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes