Highlighted

Seeking suggestions for a road trip (CO, UT, NM and AZ) - where should I go, see, do?!

Hi, i don't know if i am in the correct community. Any who, i am looking to take a road trip within the four states (colorado, utah, new mexico, arizona). i have time on my hands due to this covid thing. i am looking to just do a trip and explore the states and car camp,motel camp,etc... looking for a 1 week trip maybe? just to go and explore. backpacking,mtb'ing,camping,etc... any insites on what sites to drive?(route 66?, utah,new mexico,arizona,etc...??? i guess attractions to look forward to doing a road trip?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Seeking suggestions for a road trip (CO, UT, NM and AZ) - where should I go, see, do?!

@Snoborder73 Alot of attractions, although closures may be in force, but don"t miss Monument Valley (Navajo Nation Tribal Park.  If archaeology tickles your fancy, you absolutely must see Mesa Verde National Park, and quite possibly Hovenweep National Monument.  A bit off the beaten path would be drive over the Lukachukai Mountains, which will put you close to my favorite of all NPS area, Canyon de Chelly National Monument, beautifully scenic and rich with archaeology and Navajo history.  Those are jsut some of the high spots that are easy drive to's.  You can spend a lifetime in the Four Corners, easily.  There's lots more - Rainbow Bridge, Lake Powell,the Henry Mtns.  I could go on and on.

Do be prudent and careful.  The area is suffering hugely from covid-19.

Highlighted

Re: Seeking suggestions for a road trip (CO, UT, NM and AZ) - where should I go, see, do?!

Don't forget to visit -🤔

Monument Valley, Page and Lake Powell (border between Utah and Arizona), Grand Canyon NP, Zion NP, Bryce NP, Capitol Reef NP, Salt Lake City.

Happy Journey🚗👍

0 Likes
Highlighted

1 week for those four states is not really going to scratch the surface.  I would recommend choosing one and then touring the high spots.

Here is a suggested Utah tour...

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/travel/road-trips/united-states/utah-national-parks/

0 Likes
Highlighted

Mesa Verde is an amazing place.  If they are doing the early morning tours, get a permit for that.  Smaller groups and a more intimate experience with the ruins.  Do the Petroglyph Point Trail, and Long House Loop.  Amazing.

Don't go to Four Corners.  Tourist trap that isn't actually on the site of the four state borders.

Utah -

Arches NP.  Do it all.

MTB anything in Moab.  SlickRock Trail is epic, but there are hundreds of others to choose from.

Bryce Canyon

Zion 

Arizona - Gotta do Grand Canyon.  Even a few hours on the rim will change your perspective on time, and on life itself.

NM - Chaco Canyon and Bandelier NM

So much to do and see!!!  Make it a month!

Let us know what you chose and how your trip was.

0 Likes
Featured