Highlighted

Re: Favorite adventure books and stories?

The River by Michael Neale or Hatchet by Garry Paulesen.  I HIGHLY recommend The River though 

0 Likes
Highlighted

That’s my exact quote @tyooos 

0 Likes
Highlighted

“Journal of a Trapper (1834-1843)” by Osborne Russell provides a glimpse of the hardships faced by trappers who trekked through the Rocky Mountains in search of beaver pelts.  It’s basically a series of journal entries and it’s not the most descriptive piece of literature, but there are some memorable moments about hunting mountain goats on cliffs, being attacked by hostile natives, and having to trek through deep snow.  I too have been seeking non-fiction adventure stories and I think Outside Magazine or some other similar source listed this title in a lineup of such stories a few years ago.

Highlighted

Blood River: The Terrifying Journey Through the Worlds Most Dangerous Country by Tim Butcher. 

Blood River is the harrowing and audacious story of Tim Butcher’s journey in the Congo and his retracing of legendary explorer H. M. Stanley’s famous 1874 expedition in which he mapped the Congo River.

Highlighted

To Shake the Sleeping Self: A Journey from Oregon to Patagonia, and a Quest for a Life with No Regrets by Jedidiah Jenkins. The title of this book explains it all. It's extremely well-written and challenges you to face your own dreams head on.

Featured