Highlighted

Birmingham, AL

I'm very excited that REI is coming to Birmingham, AL this year!

I've been a member since the 90s and would love to see a community here. 

Re: Birmingham, AL

@imix4u, thank you for being a member!!  While I'm not necessarily sure how you get your local community listed on Conversations, I can tell you that as your local store gets up and running you should definitely check REI.com/learn and type in your zip code.  It will list your store's local classes and events.  Again, closer to when your store opens and thereafter, you will start to see a lot more going on in your area on this tool.  Currently, I see an Outdoor Rock Climbing Class at Sand Rock, but like I said stay tuned for other ways to interact with REI in your local community soon!  Thanks again for being a long time member!!  

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes

@imix4u thanks for the Birmingham suggestion!
The best way to get a certain place added as a forum in the community is to do exactly what you did - request it here! We are working on a new way to display locations so they're not in a super long drop-down menu. We'll add a bunch of new locations once that's done!

For events you'd like to post now that don't have a "home" board, just make sure you reference the specific location in the subject line and add the location as a label within your post!

@REI-JenK  @REI-ShannonO  Is there a concrete opening date for the REI Summit location grand opening? Will there be promos given to the first X amount of people that are their? --Blake; member since 2007.

0 Likes

@tco2504 took a little digging to make sure we didn't reveal anything top secret! With the caveat that any of these details could change, here are some specifics:

• Grand Opening for our Birmingham store will be 10/4-10/6
  • Doors will open at 10am on Friday and Saturday
  • Doors will open at 11am on Sunday
  • There will be a "water bottle stuffed with a gift card" give-away to the first 250 people each day - the gift cards will be of varying value and we definitely recommend arriving early to get in line prior to opening
  • There will be a "grand opening party" each day between 3-6pm in the parking lot

We appreciate your enthusiasm and look forward to seeing you in early October! You will likely start to see us spreading the word about this opening in the area in September.

0 Likes

YOU ARE AWESOME.

Jen, I cannot wait!!! I have been telling the guys up at the Brentwood REI #64 for twelve years that we need a Birmingham, Alabama store. Thank you for all you do. 

0 Likes